I put the last of the eyelets into the Shaker Sewing box last night, now I am just waiting for next Thursday when our EGA group is supposed to start putting this piece together. I have gone over the assembly directions and they don’t look too terrible but I am never very sure of myself when it comes to finishing projects. Also Sunday before we left for dinner I went digging through mom’s old sewing threads and found wooden spools! I am so excited about this. I was actually a bit disappointed when I saw that you got plastic ones if you ordered the kit as this piece is supposed to have an antique feel to it and the plastic thread spools just don’t have as nice of a look with it as the wooden ones. I’m not excited about the colors, but the selection I had to choose from was not alot. There were alot of teals and bright greens but these will work. 🙂
Also some progress made on Strawberries so Faire. I was expecting this piece to be a bit bigger but I am actually happy with the size. This will be another challenge for my finishing skills as there isn’t a lot of stitching but a considerable amount of finishing.
Hope you all had a great holiday 🙂