First the finish. No, not a major one but a finish just the same. This is the scissor chatelaine I made for mom. Mostly a black and white design with the only other color being added on the circular beads on the scissor tail on the bottom. This one was a bit of trial and error as I couldn’t find the same beads I had used on mine for the whole thing so I’ve had to substitute a few different things in to make it work.
Seccond we have the progress on the Red Hat Lady. This, sadly, is the best of 6 photos I took of her, I can’t seem to get the fabulous effect of the dark over dyed thread to show no matter what I do. Next time I will have to try a scan and see if it will show up that way. The effect is quite cool, this is one of Soy Lusters “Shadows” colors so its got variation of the color within the strand to give the effect of shading, add to that the fact that I can’t get 2 strands that are the same and I’m stitching with 2 strands and its making a rather unusual effect.
And I just couldn’t resist lasta night, I had to start Mojave. I think the colors in it are fabulous and I want to make sure to keep up with the series so its been mounted onto stretcher bars and I’m working on the border, I should have enough progress by Monday to post.